Friday, July 19, 2013

Smiles in the morning!

Today is full of smiles - mine, believe it or not!  Is today a better day or am I just better prepared? better rested? better centered?  I took some time to go back to living thankfully last night and that is always a key to my contentment and positive outlook...so why can't I go there every day, every minute?  That's a questions for another day.

I stayed home from the pool this morning thinking it would be important for me to be home in case mom woke up early today like yesterday - she didn't.  I believe she can sense when I am in the house or near her.  And it makes me smile to think that I can have that kind of relaxing/calming effect on anyone!  Just ask around - I am not the calmer - I am the make-you-crazier!  Anyway - that's smile #1

I decided to make mom ham and eggs this morning as a nod to my daddy's breakfast specialty - thought it would be a good idea to have his spirit with me to start this better day - that's smile #2.

Murph started watching an MLB Bloopers show he had taped and it made us ALL laugh out loud - I call that smiles #3, #4 and #5!

Mom is sitting with me in the red room just enjoying looking outside and Peyton is singing at the top of her lungs in the shower - it's not so much a song as it is just some random thoughts she is having set to her latest made-up pop tune - complete with Christina vocal runs!  and that is smile #6 - and it's not even noon!

God blessed me last night with a decision to enjoy a moment with my family and not worry, the choice to stay up past my bed time and watch an action film with the kids even though I was tired and the complete disregard for our tight budget to turn the AC down to a very comfortable sleeping temperature and I have been rewarded with His Grace and a lot of smiles!

Alzheimer's still sucks, but today I am smiling through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment