Saturday, December 17, 2011

September 2012 BP (before pneumonia)

I cannot tell (or type) a lie...it's been so long since I have had time to spend on the blog, but I have all these magnificent pix of the kids and our life and I just have to capture them!


Some nights when the stars and planets are aligned and nobody's fighting and the Algebra homework isn't too hard - Peyton and I play "let's make a new outfit" before bedtime!  It saves Patrick time and trouble in the morning, it makes me feel better that the clothes I have spent good money on aren't sitting in the bottom of a drawer or at the back of the closet because the other stuff is what they're used to and it's so much fun to watch her find herself through 9-year-old fashionista!  I must admit, this screams me at 26 and it was pretty much her idea top to bottom...I pushed for the puffy vest - just 'cuz it's so adorable!

When in Arlington...you must visit the Social Bakehouse Cafe - the best black and whites (they're really yellow butter cake with milk chocolate buttercream - not a traditional black and white) I have found without driving to Weatherford!  I schedule my trips to the Arlington Y corporate offices around traffic and finding 15 minutes to jump over and grab a family treat...aren't they delightful looking?  YUM!


It had to happen, right???  Our first broken window...a baseball, of course!  Murph overthrew Patrick and CRASH!!!  a smashed back kitchen window!  Total accident, but he felt so badly.  And Sophie wanted to be all in the middle of things...and she wasn't wearing her doggy shoes, so she had to be put in the house...YIKES, she doesn't like that!

The obvious benefit of breaking your first window as a 12-year-old boy...a lesson in the limitless potential of duck tape!  Larry Comer would be proud!  And Tim the Toolman, and my daddy, and millions of males the world over!

Almost finished...a cardboard box panel, duck tape, a broom, a dustpan, a call to the window pane guy...really???  $160.00????  expensive lesson, but a classic boymom memory!

Clearly, I've lived here long enough to be just Texas enough to take and post this picture...it's RAIN!  You probably can't tell that it's raining, but I know, I remember, I sat out on the back porch for over an hour basking in it!  It's been the hottest, driest, hottest...did I mention hottest???...summer in history and this was a blessing and my favorite kind of morning...good hot coffee, no one else up in the house, dog not interested in coming out, no tv, no magazine, no neighborhood noise or action...just me and the rain!

 It's a horrible picture, I am so bummed!, but it's the only one I have...mom getting serenaded by the Elvis guy at Meadowlakes...he was hip/gospel Elvis, not chart-topping/hound dog Elvis, but the ladies LOVED him!!!!
 Well, maybe not ALL the ladies...Peyton was fascinated, but did NOT want him coming too close!  She love the spotlight when it's her idea...not Elvis's!
 Murph found the vibrating barcolounger in the lobby after the show...totally out, in public...I can't even sleep on a plane...at night, but my son can sleep in a busy lobby with all the lights on and women screaming for Elvis!
 Peyton had to try too...but she just giggled at the whole vibrating thing..silly chair!

 And finally - she got up the nerve to go say hello to the Elvis-man and get her picture taken...I am so proud of her when she gets past something she is nervous about.  The seniors at Meadowlakes love my kids!

This is a photo just for me!  This is evidence of my commitment to cardio - if even one half of what they say is true and cardio is one of the best ways to fight or delay Alzheimer's ...then cardio it is...no matter how chewed up my feet are from the hill or the treadmill or the elliptical or the walks...tape, flip-flops and some good songs on my shuffle!  Here's to 10 extra years of short-term memory!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment